A newly established VR/AR lab at the Department of Computer Science is looking for a 3D Artist to join our team. Your main role will be to craft environments, characters and assets for VR project needs.
- Create, update, test, and maintain 3D models i.e structures, characters, props, tools, vehicles, environment to build Virtual Reality (VR) environments for multiple hardware and software platforms using Unity game engine;
- Rig and animate characters;
- Optimize assets for low-poly real-time rendering;
- Model, sculpt, texture and light, game-ready 3D assets;
- Use Unity Engine to test 3D asset and animation exports;
- Sets up environments within Unity for level design needs;
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures;
- 2 years+ of experience with a Bachelor Degree;
- Experience as a 3D artist in games or related industries;
- Experience in Unity workflows;
- Team player with strong communication skills;
- Strong art skills and deep understanding of modeling, shaders, texturing, animation, and lighting for games; creation and optimization;
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max or Maya;
- Strong Knowledge of Photoshop for textures;
- Experience with VR / AR development is a plus;
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers and programmers;
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative;
If you fullfill the requirements above, please share an updated copy of your resume and portfolio at email@example.com
Please make sure to mention “Application for 3D Artist” in your email’s subject for your application to be considered.
This will be a contractual position. The contract shall be renewed based on performance, with mutual consent.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”