Administrative Assistant - Department Of Economics
Sunday, February 16, 2020
To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Economics faculty members.
- Facilitate Office/Departmental Communication and Coordination by:
- Performing activities relating to communication and coordination (within the department and externally), including typing various documents, such as emails, announcements, minutes, reports, etc.
- Providing support in streamlining processes for the area/department
- Providing support in arranging/coordinating seminars, lectures, sessions, etc. (including arranging for relevant marketing materials, photocopies, etc)
- Assisting in planning and coordinating various activities at the departmental and/or school level
- Arranging local and international travel and stay for faculty who attend conferences, seminars, training courses, etc. Coordination with research committee to get approval.
- Assisting in various administrative tasks (including photocopying, maintaining attendance log, etc.) as and when required
- Play a Student Service Role by :
- Providing relevant information to and interact with the students (and parents if required)
- Attending to, and following up on student queries/complaints/requests
- Escalating issues to appropriate faculty member if required; document issues via an email to supervisor
- Dealing with enquiries regarding the school and its various programs and activities.
- Performing critical record-keeping activities such as:
- Maintaining department-specific files in an organized manner/system
- Keeping record of different committees such as Disciplinary Appeal Committee, Sabbatical and Leave Policy committee, Research Committee, Value and Ethics Committee, Marketing and placement committee etc. Coordination with these committees regarding arrangement of meeting, timely delivery of decisions taken by V & E etc.
- Generating various reports as and when requested
- Play an Office Coordination role by:
- Ensuring timely delivery of office supplies to faculty/department
- Taking care of attendance register, providing report to HR each month.
- Being responsible for ensuring the maintenance/ general upkeep of offices
- Assisting in various recruitment activities for the department, short listing of candidates, interview arrangements etc.
- Assisting faculty members in collection of material for their research projects.
- Assisting faculty members in finalizing course outlines, and course package, search and assembling of reading material from library, JSTOR etc.
- Taking class participation notes during classes.
- Trustworthy i.e. copying of Exam, coordination with Invigilators to avoid any mishandling of paper before, during and after exam.
- Assisting faculty member in grading, arrangement for EMBA coordinator’s meetings, grades finalization committees meetings etc.
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Business hours may extend into the evenings and weekends occasionally.
- May be required in exceptional cases, and depending on departmental objectives.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Time management and organizational skills (ability to prioritize tasks)
- Ability to multi-task
- Focus on process improvement
- (to demonstrate) initiative
- Perform well under stress
- Student Service orientation; pleasant, helpful
- Analytical skills
- Also, demonstrated ability to be / to possess
- Team player
Bachelor’s degree from HEC recognized institute.
At least one to two years in a coordination and support role.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”