The Department of Electrical Engineering (EE) at Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions at the ranks of Assistant, Associate and Full Professor. SBASSE, established in 2008, comprises EE, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and Biology faculties co-located in a modern purpose-built building. SBASSE has a vision of ‘no-boundary’ multi-disciplinary research and it offers a unique academic environment that values high quality and cutting-edge projects. In the past decade, the EE department has gradually grown to 23 PhD-holding full-time faculty members who teach and direct research in vibrant BS, MS and PhD degree programs. Based on the high quality of our students, our research funding, and our publication record, we are recognized among the top EE programs in Pakistan. We aspire to gain further international recognition and be known as a top program for the region by expanding our portfolio of research, teaching and societal impact.
We seek exceptional candidates to add to our faculty who are ready to conduct inter-disciplinary research in these emerging areas:
- Bio-medical engineering with a particular focus on lab-on-chip devices, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), bio-sensors and bio-instrumentation,
- Intelligent systems for decision making in complex engineering systems, design of autonomous systems and support for critical infrastructures,
- Green technologies including battery design, bulk storage, renewable energy, and design of earth-systems observation laboratories,
- Algorithms and architectures to leverage new understanding of the physics of information, quantum information and computational neuroscience,
- Post- Moore’s law devices and computing architectures for artificial intelligence, space exploration, bio-engineering, scientific discovery and other forward-looking applications.
Exceptional candidates in all other areas of Electrical Engineering will also be considered. The candidates are expected to manage, direct and lead the scientific research in the EE department by setting up independent research groups and collaborating with other centers of excellence and sister departments at the School. They are expected to acquire independent research funding from national and international agencies, and from industry. They are expected to diversify the curriculum by developing new courses in our BS, MS, and PhD programs.
Applicants must possess a PhD degree in a relevant field, a strong track record in research demonstrated by independent scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals, some demonstrated ability to obtain research funding in today’s highly competitive environment, and a commitment to creative and effective undergraduate and graduate teaching. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and position, and successful candidates will be provided with startup research funding and lab space.
LUMS is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent work environment for professional growth.
The application should consist of a single PDF file including: a cover letter; an up-to-date curriculum vitae that lists the names of three experienced professional referees; a research statement; and a statement on teaching philosophy.
The application deadline is 15th April 2020 for an anticipated start date of July 1st, 2020. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”