The LUMS Shaikh Ahmad Hassan School of Law (SAHSOL) has established the Centre of Chinese Legal Studies (CCLS) on its premises for research in and the promotion and teaching of Chinese legal studies.
Under the direction of the Director of Chinese Legal Studies, this position will be responsible for the overall management of the Centre’s administrative and communication affairs. The person in this position will manage a range of diverse activities including events & conferences, newsletter & communication, and office coordination, while managing the office space and administrative matters.
- Organize, coordinate and represent the Centre in all events and conferences;
- Manage all internal and external communication for the Centre including newsletter, webpage and happenings;
- Assist the Director with the oversight of the Centre’s research team and work produced by the Centre including, but not limited to, research articles, papers, memoranda, grant proposals and reports;
- Develop and nurture effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure smooth completion of all necessary documentation, communication and coordination with the relevant authorities;
- Assist the Director on matters affecting the Centre including legal regulations, market intelligence, development of promotional collateral including the website, and the Centre’s participation on marketing and student events both domestically and internationally;
- Develop and implement operating processes for the Centre;
- Support with the management and development of i) the Centre’s budget, and ii) funding operations including government and donor funding opportunities and initiatives; ensure compliance with the University and government regulations;
- Support with the management of Centre’s budget and funding operations including government and donor funding opportunities and initiatives and ensure compliance with the University and government regulations;
- Prepare operational and strategic reports highlighting the performance and achievements of the Centre;
- Manage operational and administrative matters of the office including the space management, documentation, and internal and external coordination;
- Manage and execute other projects and activities as assigned by the Director from time to time;
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts or requirements associated with the job. The management of the centre reserves the right to alter/revise the job or to require that different/additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Bachelors/Masters from a reputable local or foreign university
- 3-6 years of work experience in a research, client, customer, or forward facing role. Experience in an internationally-orientated role with significant international collaborations will be a plus
- Functional knowledge of Chinese is highly desired but not mandatory;
- Knowledge of developing and implementing marketing strategies and local and international partnerships;
- A legal background or knowledge is preferred;
Skills & Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with senior management both internally and externally;
- Excellent communication, presentation & writing skills with a firm grasp on the English language;
- Well-versed in MS Office and Zoom and generally proficient with technology;
- Strong problem solving qualities;
- Effective managerial skills;
- Networking and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and the ability to work and manage a team remotely;
Some domestic and international travel will be required along with some weekend work and other out of standard work hours as required. Business hours may extend into the evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of workload and job requirements. Flexibility & commitment is a must.
Travel will be contingent on the COVID-19 situation; LUMS prioritizes the health and safety of all members of its community.
Please email your CV and a cover letter (which explains your interest in and suitability for the role) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please mention "Assistant Manager CCLS" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”