LUMS is looking for a Head of Development to join the team in an exciting time of organisational growth, development and internationalisation. The role reports directly to the Director Advancement and will serve as a key member in delivering the University’s vision - making world-class education accessible to all. In addition to its financial aid goals, LUMS also focuses on promoting high impact research and creating a conducive learning environment by developing state-of-the-art infrastructure. Considerable financial resources are required every year to achieve these high ambitions.
The Development Section of the Office of Advancement at LUMS helps the University in meeting its financial requirements by raising funds from external sources, and developing and strengthening partnerships with corporate entities, trusts, development agencies and other stakeholders so that they are motivated to provide financial support to LUMS.
The Head of Development will lead a dedicated team of fundraisers to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills, which will enable the University to achieve its fundraising targets. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining and advancing relationships with prospective and existing donors and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders – both internal and external – to develop strategies for fundraising (including but not limited to events and campaigns). The ideal candidate will have substantial fundraising and management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven record of accomplishment in securing funds from foundations, trusts and individual donors.
Meet annual fundraising targets assigned by the higher management by:
- Supporting the higher management in developing and implementing a sustainable long-term fundraising strategy for the University.
- Developing an annual fundraising plan and designing donor activation/business development strategies to achieve defined targets.
- Developing and managing a team of development professionals responsible to bring in funds for the University and ensuring smooth functioning of the development section.
- Developing departmental SOPs and ensuring strict adherence to approved policies and procedures of the Office.
- Liaising with the Alumni Relations team to engage alumni in fundraising activities.
- Working in close coordination with the Marketing and Communications team to develop and modify general and campaign specific marketing collateral and online material.
- Defining an annual calendar for fundraising campaigns and managing them; these campaigns include, but are not limited to, the Annual Giving and Zakat Campaign.
- Identifying new avenues of fundraising.
- Working with different schools, centres and research clusters at LUMS to identify key researches happening at LUMS and marketing them to relevant industries for potential funding.
- Managing the Development webpage on the University website.
- Preparing the budget for the Development Section.
- Providing timely and effective stewardship to donors to keep them engaged and well informed about the utilization of their contributions.
- Monitoring and reporting the progress of fundraising and related events during the year to senior management.
- Displaying an interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the University’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships of the Development team with internal stakeholders like faculty/staff, senior academic leaders, trustees, volunteers and external stakeholders like donors, alumni etc.
- Excellent communication skills including very good presentation and writing abilities
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and networking abilities
- Ability to think out of the box to deliver in a challenging environment
- Effective team management skills
- Strong grasp over university advancement, giving, marketing strategies, fundraising and networking
Note: “We are an equal opportunity employer”