The Office of Advancement at LUMS is looking for a Head of Development to join the team in an exciting time of organisational growth, development and internationalisation. The role reports to the Director of Advancement and will serve as a key member in delivering the University’s vision of making world-class education accessible to all. In addition to its financial aid goals, LUMS also focuses on promoting high-impact research and creating a conducive learning environment by developing state-of-the-art infrastructure. Considerable financial resources are required every year to achieve these goals.
The Development Team at the Office of Advancement helps the University in meeting its financial requirements by raising funds from external sources, and developing and strengthening partnerships with corporate entities, trusts, development agencies, high net-worth individuals and other stakeholders.
The Head of Development will lead a dedicated resource development team to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills, which will enable the University to achieve its fundraising targets. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining and advancing relationships with prospective and existing donors and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders – both internal and external – to develop strategies for fundraising (including but not limited to events and campaigns). The ideal candidate will have substantial fundraising and management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven record of accomplishment in securing funds from foundations, trusts, corporates and individual donors among others.
- Developing a sustainable long-term fundraising strategy and plan for the University and meeting annual fundraising targets assigned by the higher management;
- Leading, managing and motivating a fundraising team, setting and achieving agreed team objectives and personal targets. Ensuring continuous professional development of the team to achieve individual and team results;
- Liaising with the Alumni Relations team to engage alumni in fundraising activities;
- Working with different schools, centres and research clusters at LUMS to identify key research initiatives at LUMS and marketing them to relevant industries for potential funding;
- Providing timely and effective stewardship to donors to keep them engaged and well informed about the utilisation of their contributions;
- Monitoring and reporting the progress of fundraising and related events during the year to senior management;
- Managing the Development webpage on the University website;
- Preparing the budget for the Development Office;
- Promoting the University’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships of the Development Team with internal stakeholders like faculty/staff, senior academic leaders, trustees, volunteers and external stakeholders like donors, alumni etc.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities associated with the role. The Director/University management may assign additional tasks as deemed necessary.
Local and international travel will be required in this role. Business hours can extend to the evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of the ongoing workload and event schedules. Flexibility and commitment is a must.
Qualification: A Master’s degree, preferably in Business, from a reputable local or foreign institution.
Experience: More than 7 years of relevant educational fundraising and donor relationship management experience; at a university or an educational set up will be a plus.
Knowledge: Must have a strong grasp over university advancement, dynamics of giving, marketing strategies, fundraising and networking.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communication including very good presentation and writing abilities;
- Strong at financial management and navigation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and networking abilities;
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to think out of the box to deliver in a challenging environment;
- Effective team management skills;
Please email your CV and a cover letter (which explains your interest in and suitability for the role) to: email@example.com
Important note: Please mention "Head of Development LUMS" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”