Perform supervised individual therapy. Provide psychological assessments, intakes and appropriate referrals. May perform other related tasks that are a part of the LUMS student counselling services. Work is supervised by a licensed Clinical Psychologist registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Authority and Psychology Board of Australia. This is a 3 month, full-time 40 hours per week internship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts intake interviews with students who request counseling services and completes the required clinical documentation.
- Provides individual counseling to students on a scheduled basis or through crisis intervention, and maintains supervision notes.
- Consults with supervisors and staff.
- Acts as a campus resource on psychology and represents Counseling and Psychological Services in the university community.
- Interacts with staff and students in a professional and ethical manner.
- Commits to a full-time, 40 hour per week internship.
- Participates in supervision and training with an openness to learning and receiving feedback.
- Utilizes psychodiagnostic assessment procedures and psychometric methods to facilitate psychotherapy as needed.
- Performs additional job-related duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Knowledge and basic skills in counseling practices and methods.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report activities conducted.
- Ability to communicate orally in person and via email.
- Ability to establish rapport with others as a requisite for healthy and therapeutic relationships.
- Ability to present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner to students and staff.
- Ability to receive and utilize constructive feedback regarding performance, presentation and relationships with others.
- Ability to be both consistent and flexible as circumstances warrant.
- Ability to remain calm and supportive in psychological emergencies and/or crises when provided with appropriate supervision and direction.
- An enhanced level of self-awareness as to how he or she relates to others and an ability to effectively modulate this personal style as conditions warrant.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”