To assist & provide IT support to SBASSE faculty and SBASSE staff through the SBASSE IT Helpdesk.
- Troubleshooting IT software and hardware problems at the Helpdesk and around the SBASSE complex, individually or as a team.
- Installation of different operating systems including Windows, MAC and Linux platforms.
- Installation and trouble-shooting of scientific software used in SBASSE.
- Provide IT support to SBASSE faculty and staff. Help walk-in users.
- Taking phone calls, logging and assigning tickets at Helpdesk (Service Desk) and facilitating appropriate solution to the users after office hours and on weekends. Closure of all assigned tickets.
- Help in creating FAQ of common technical support related issues.
- Escalate the extra-ordinary/attention requiring calls.
- Following up calls in progress.
- Client end support for ‘End Point Security’ solution.
- Support for online classes and meetings through Zoom/MS Teams.
- Provide remote support to the users through different tools and support the different school events.
- Coordination with IST department and IST staff as and when required.
Work Schedule/Work Environment/Travel:
Work on weekends may be required. Local travel may be required, depending on departmental objectives. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
Note: Please mention "IT Customer Support Engineer" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
- Troubleshooting expertise of common problems of different operating systems including Windows 8 & 10, Mac and Linux.
- Proficiency with computers and industry-related software, especially MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and office 365 including outlook express is required
- Hardware troubleshooting knowledge for computers and audio video devices and other common peripherals
- Strong knowledge of network printing
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Good English communication skills
- Problem Solving approach
IT & Customer Support Based Knowledge
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”