To facilitate the department and ADCOM lab directors in ways that enhance the quality of communication systems stream and generate interest among students. This includes designing and improving communication system labs, participation in relevant projects, maintaining and operating lab equipment, and helping the instructors in lab and course grading. The position also requires active planning and participation in Information & Communication Technology (ICT) certification activities.
- Plan and participate in academic activities to enhance the quality of communication systems stream and generate interest among the students.
- Design and conduct labs in the Communication systems stream as per departmental requirements and evolution of next generation (5G and 6G) wireless systems.
- Operate, maintain, and manage lab equipment and consumables.
- Prepare and grade lab exams and lab projects.
- Facilitate lab directors in grading other exams in communication & signal processing areas.
- Plan and participate in Information & Communication Technology (ICT) certification activities offered by Huawei.
- Any other duty assigned by the department/lab directors.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities associated with the job. The supervisor may assign additional tasks as deemed necessary.
Travel/Work Schedule/Work Environment:
Undergraduate and graduate laboratory requires long working hours; may extend into the evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of workloads. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.)
Note: Interested candidates should submit the CV, transcripts, experience letters, certifications, and a one-page cover letter detailing their suitability and interest in this position.
Please mention "Lab Engineer - Communications Systems Lab" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
- Ability to work in a team and get along well with faculty, staff and students.
- MATLAB, Simulink, & Software define radios (SDR)
- Signals & systems and communication systems fundamentals.
- Hands on experience on lab equipment and communication system trainers.
- Hands on experience on software defined radios (USRPs).
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”