This position involves effective and efficient support in maintenance and smooth operations of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering research labs.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment; performs simple maintenance, stores equipment when not in use, monitors condition, and notifies supervisor and takes care of any needed repairs.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of materials and supplies, initiates and coordinates ordering process.
- Researches and evaluates new equipment, makes recommendations regarding purchase decisions, and assist in the procurement process.
- Maintains a library of materials.
- Monitors laboratory activities; enforces rules and regulations and ensures safe environment.
- Maintains records of various laboratory activities.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Note: Please mention "Lab Facilitator - Chemistry and Chemical Engineering" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
We are looking for someone who has good hands-on experience of lab equipment and their maintenance. He/She must have enthusiasm for supporting students in their drive to learn Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. To be considered for this position, candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Good verbal/written communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritizing ability
- must be able to meet deadlines
- provide adequate and efficient feedback to line management
- improvisation of current departmental efforts
- Proactive – hands on approach
- Well Organized
- Team player
- Excellent work ethics and strong commitment to objectives
- Respect for hard work, students, faculty and colleagues
- Commitment to safety protocols
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”