Design, develop and maintain molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics laboratory at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Supervise and demonstrate laboratory experiments to undergraduate and graduate students
- Design and develop new experiments for undergraduate and graduate level molecular cell biology, biochemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics laboratory
- Develop protocols and laboratory manuals for newly designed experiments
- Manage laboratory equipment and consumables, write reports and other day-to-day teaching assignments
- Facilitate undergraduate and graduate students in senior projects and thesis research
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities associated with the job. The supervisor may assign additional tasks as deemed necessary.
Travel/Work Schedule/Work Environment:
Work hours may extend into the evenings and weekends to accommodate deadlines or events. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.)
Note: Please mention "Lab Instructor - Department of Biology" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
- Independently develop and conduct experiments
- Must be able to handle molecular biology laboratory equipment
- Maintain data books and record
- Computer skills i.e., MS Word and Excel etc.
- Team player
- Excellent manager of time
Fundamentals of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”