A Lifeguard is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of those using the LUMS swimming pool. A Lifeguard’s major responsibility is to observe swimmers, rescue in case a user is drowning and enforce regulations in the guarding of life and the prevention of accidents at the swimming pool. Additionally, the lifeguard also works at the reception desk during shift change and records the in and out time data of the pool users and prepares and shares daily report with the pool officer.
- To supervise the safety of the community using the pool facility and carry out rescues as required.
- To assist the Swimming Pool Officer in the preparation and activities of Pool in a professional manner to ensure a high quality of service is provided to the users.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
- To assist in the opening and closing of the pool facility and assist in monitoring the security of the premises.
- To interact with the community responsibly and pleasantly promoting a positive image of the facility while providing excellent customer service.
- Comply and ensure compliance with the Pool Safe Operating Procedures at all times.
- To assist in the team during all events at the Sports and Wellness Centre.
- To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures.
Official working days
- Official working days will be six days a week from Monday to Saturday or Sunday.
- Must be available to work on the weekends and morning/evening shifts.
- Flexibility and commitment is a must.
- Must be on swimming pool at least 10 minutes before starting his/her shift.
- Inform the pool officer in case of any emergency.
- Punctuality is very important.
- Expert Swimmer
- Enthusiastic / Motivated
- Ability to follow routine and instructions
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Knowledge of first aid, CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Skillful to apply life-guarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Commitment to team-working, and respect and consideration for the skills of others.
Note: “We are an equal opportunity employer”