- Lead all on and off campus recruitment events including employer presentations, assessments, interviews, recruitment drives etc.;
- Lead initiatives to foster partnerships with organizations for student work placements;
- Ensure that the content on the SPO website is up to date;
- Draft and oversee SPO publications, including web page content and other online resources;
- Spearhead employer-student networking nights;
- Actively lead and contribute to meetings and share updates on SPO's delievrables, discuss trends and challenges, share best practices and roll out new initiatives;
- Actively contribute to HR networks particulary recruitment related forums in the country and highlight the capability of SDSB graduate and their unique skillset;
- Cultivate and maintain a positive team environment within the office as well as across the university;
- Develop and train the team to be able to work independently and efficiently with cross-functional supporting roles as well;
- Maintain student placement records and reports in accordance with Standards of Accreditation;
- Assist students with job skills that will allow them to be successful in their job search including resume writing, interview tips and skills, job search strategies etc.
- Maximize online resources, social media and other connections for career support to students;
- Initiate and maintain recruiting relationships with employers for job and internship opportunities;
- Make outreach visits to employers for relationship building and networking;
- Assist the HOD in annual activity and events planning pertaining to SPO;
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities associated with the position/job. The supervisor or the Dean may assign additional tasks as deemed necessary.
Master's degree in HR or a related discipline from a recognized and reputed local or foreign institute
5-7 years of established experence in a career development or recruiting role, with substantial experience of job placements and team management
Skills, Attributes and Knowledge:
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent administrative and management ability;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good computer skills – particularly strong with Microsoft Office;
- Team player
- Strong multitasking capability;
- Have some understanding of the LUMS academic structure, particularly the graduate programmes at SDSB. Well research about LUMS, SDSB and it's placement office happenings;
- Well oriented with local and international job market. Must have excellent networking skills;
- Familiar with vocational assessment instruments, career counselling techniques, career development activities, and online job search strategies;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office;
This is a demanding but exciting role, given the exposure for professional learning and growth. SPO team is small, and the amount of work they accomplish is significant. Only apply if you are the type of person who takes initiative and responsibility, can deliver under little supervision, have excellent interpersonal and networking skills, strong integrity and team leading abilities.
Work Schedule/Work Environment/Travel:
Work hours may extend into the evenings and weekends to accommodate high workload intervals and deadlines. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home in intervals, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style). Travel will be required for outreach and networking responsibilities.
Please email your CV and a cover letter (which explains your interest in and suitability for the role) to: email@example.com
Note: Please mention "Manager - SDSB Placement Office" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”