You will be responsible for supporting the Vice Chancellor (VC) and the team with operational and coordination affairs.
- Provide support in streamlining processes for the office. Ensure smooth communication and coordination with all academic and administrative departments at LUMS and outside the University;
- Exercise high degree of initiative and judgment on a wide range of issues;
- Manage all travel arrangements for the Vice Chancellor and official guests of the VC office;
- Office correspondence; scrutinizing and effective handling of all incoming/outgoing communication, enquiries, responding timely and with sound judgement;
- Managing and following-up internally and externally on queries/complaints/requests;
- Assist in planning and coordinating various events and activities for the office;
- Support the team with day to day operational activities;
- Arrange meetings and ensure everything is in order before the meetings
- Record minutes of meetings; and disseminate information timely
- Organize and manage office supplies and inventory, dealing with Procurement Dept. and external vendors;
- Ensure office maintenance and general upkeep;
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts or requirements associated with the job. Your supervisor and the VC may assign additional tasks as deemed necessary.
To be successful in this position, you must have a doer attitude, strong integrity, excellent communications skills and the ability to think on your feet.
Business hours may extend into the evenings and weekends to manage work needs and VC’s schedule. Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Savvy with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal abilities;
- Takes ownership;
- Very strong on integrity and maintaining confidentiality;
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”