Designing the SOE Career Placement Program for ELM and Executive ELM programs. This includes planning and executing year around activities, workshops, and seminars for students, building an external network of potential employers and alumni base.
• Involving students in their career planning, facilitating portfolio development and capacity building
• Preparing students for entrance to the employment market through guidance and support in resume development, interviewing, networking, and effective job search techniques.
• Designing survey and assessment strategies to measure placement program learning outcomes and effectiveness.
• Developing workshops and presentations on topics including career decision making, educational planning and work search.
• Managing and arranging year-round job preparation events, workshops, and professional development seminars for students.
• Working collaboratively with other staff within the department and within the University (OSA) to meet students’ needs in an effective manner.
• Liaising with the SOE Alumni Association and Alumni to coordinate workshops, networking events and sessions.
• Market SOE students to the relevant market individually and collectively
• Inviting relevant stakeholders and career industry experts for presentations
• Follow up with employers on feedback for improvement and progression strategies
• Working with existing SOE/LUMS partnerships as well as building new partners to build on networking partners and potential employers
• Coordinating with potential employers to visit SOE for Mock Interviews, Graduate Networking Events and hiring interviews.
• Building on alumni experiences to assess job market.
• Connecting with Higher Education institutions for student academic needs and aspirations
Position Nature: Contractual
- Excellent planning and management skills
- Decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to manage calendars and schedules, well versed in google calendar etc.
- Time management and organizational skills (ability to prioritize tasks)
- Customer Service orientation; pleasant, helpful.
- Strong command on English language, both written and verbal.
- MS Office
- Knowledge of Higher Education Institution
LUMS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, age, non-disqualifying physical or psychological disability or social status. Candidates belonging to minority groups are encouraged to apply.