Project: South Asia Human Development Report
Start Date: June 2021
Job type: Full-time Contractual
Mahbub ul Haq Research Centre (MHRC) at LUMS:
Mahbub ul Haq Research Centre (MHRC) is the flagship centre of social science and development research at LUMS. Its vision is to use rigorous research and evidence to innovate responses that can bring about transformative change by addressing critical national and global challenges. Its network of leading academics aims to do this through research-based partnerships with government, NGOs and the private sector. MHRC provides an opportunity for highly motivated economists and social scientists to work on a set of exciting, applied research projects.
Description of Project:
The South Asia Human Development report is an annual publication produced by the Mahbub-ul-Haq Research Centre and it explores various development themes every year. The theme for the report for 2021 is ‘Gender and Cities’ and its being undertaken in collaboration with Institute for Development Studies, Sussex and Saida Waheed Gender Initiative at LUMS.
Job Description and Requirements
- The Research Assistant will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Conduct literature review to contribute to SADHR framework and themes;
- Liaison with faculty leads to schedule meetings, record meeting minutes and circulate action items;
- Clean and analyse data on datasets across South Asia;
- Write policy briefs and concept notes;
- Provide periodic project updates to the core team;
- Assist the MHRC core team in developing project deliverables;
- Carry out other duties as per the needs of the project.
- An undergraduate degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or a related discipline from a reputable program;
- Relevant experience in conducting desk research and writing literature reviews;
- Demonstrated knowledge of management of datasets as well as quality checks of data, and presentation of data is preferred;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Python, R, or Stata or a willingness and ability to learn these packages;
- Strong ability to write evidence and research papers;
- Willingness to take on added responsibility as the project progresses;
- Fluent in English and Urdu
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
b. Send their CV, cover letter and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Research Assistant: South Asia Human Development Report”
MHRC is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women and minorities to apply.
For this position you must have full rights to work in Pakistan.
Any submissions outside the application guidelines will not be considered.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”