We are currently seeking candidates interested in doing multidisciplinary research in Machine Learning for Hydrological phenomenon. Selected candidate(s) will directly work with Dr. Abubakr Muhammad (Center for Water Informatics & Technology) and Dr. Hassan Mohy-ud-Din (Department of Electrical Engineering, SBASSE, LUMS) in close collaboration with the Flood Forecasting Unit at Punjab Irrigation Department. The focus of research is on the development of an AI-Enabled system for various water management applications and will utilize tools from Machine Learning/Deep Learning. Undergraduate and Graduate students with the following set of skills and qualifications are invited to apply. The work will culminate in publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- BS or MS in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Remote Sensing or Applied Hydrology from HEC recognized university.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, TensorFlow, Keras, and PyTorch.
- Expertise in Machine Learning/ Deep learning algorithm (LSTM, Random Forest)
- Strong mathematical and statistical background and a passion for (applied) mathematics driven research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”