In order to make all policies, codes and rules accessible to everyone at LUMS, the Office of Accessibility and Inclusion (A&I) has taken the initiative to translate all electronic and print information (Policies, Codes of Conducts, rules etc) into Urdu, for a greater outreach.
The Translator is expected to help in many ways. The work includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Translate main policies and codes into Urdu;
- Translate all material for the OAI website, and other LUMS websites where necessary;
- Translate all posters, standees and pamphlets;
- Assist with voiceovers in Urdu, where any given presentation is in English;
- Come up with original ideas to assist the Office in making LUMS more accessible in terms of language;
Important note: This is not an exhaustive list; other responsibilities may be assigned, depending on the needs of the offices.
- Good reading and writing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Contribute to collaborative decision making;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Must be a team worker;
- Ability to be productive and active while working from home (during pandemic);
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Proficiency in typing Urdu;
- Efficiency and good time management and organizational skills (ability to prioritize tasks);
- Punctual and committed;
Business hours may extend into the evenings and weekends depending on workload. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.)
Note: Please mention "RA/Translator" in the email subject for your application to be considered
Knowledge of key topics like gender, inclusivity, harassment, diversity, disabilities, bullying etc. Much of the translation work would include all these streams.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”