This position will be a part of the Talent Acquisition (TA) team in the Human Resources reporting to the TM Lead.
You will support the TM function in managing and achieving the University’s administrative recruitment objectives and service level expectations. You will be directly engaged and be responsible for end-to-end recruitment process from planning, advertising, sourcing, attracting, scheduling and interviewing to on-boarding employees. You will also be working with Talent Management Lead on special HR projects such as the implementation of SAP SuccessFactors for Recruitment.
Please note that this is a demanding but exciting role, given the exposure for professional learning and growth. TA team is small, and the amount of work we accomplish is significant. Only apply if you are the type of person who takes initiative and responsibility, can do good work with little supervision, have excellent interpersonal and writing skills and the ability to problem solve and get the job done.
- Planning and implementing recruitment strategies to target and on-board high-quality human resources. This will involve handling end-to-end recruitment process from approvals to formulating job description, needs analysis, sourcing, interviewing and onboarding candidates;
- Strategize sourcing in terms of pipelines and outreach including but not limited to:
- External outreach - liaising with recruitment partners that may include headhunters, LinkedIn, Rozee.pk and University placement offices.
- Internal Pipeline - University placement offices, alumni network, internal postings etc.
- Diversity Pipeline – liaising with organizations to attract and increase applications from disadvantaged groups as an equal opportunity employer
- Prepare and manage recruitment approvals, employment background checks, offers and contracts and create personnel files complying with audit requirements
- Work with internal teams and hiring managers to support with recruitment efforts. Provide recruitment counseling and guidance to hiring managers;
- Assist in organizing and represent LUMS in career fairs, campus drives, assessment centers or other HR events;
- Maintain relevant data on recruitment for metrics and reporting;
- Collaborate with the internal HR teams for timely employee on-boarding and orientation;
- Implementation of SAP SuccessFactors for Recruitment & On-boarding; advise and work with the TA Lead and the IT team in formulating work flows and job information repository;
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts or requirements associated with the job. The TA Lead or Head of HR. may assign you additional tasks as deemed necessary.
To be successful in this position, you must have a doer attitude, excellent writing and communications skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Work Schedule/Work Environment/Travel:
Business hours can extend into the evenings to accommodate the needs of current workload and special projects. Flexibility to work beyond normal hours and deliver business amidst challenging circumstances. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
Note: Please mention "Senior Officer – Talent Acquisition - Human Resources" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Urdu.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to negotiate and create buy-in with key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to manage projects independently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Zoom
- Ability to work from home and amidst challenging personal and external circumstances
- Experience with SuccessFactors, LinkedIn or other Recruitment modules
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”