To streamline and support evaluation, monitoring and automation operations within Human Resources.
- Managing SAP HCM including new projects, integrations, automations, organizational structures/organograms, employee profiles and reports.
- Involvement in the implementation of SAP SuccessFactors.
- Managing budget for manpower and departments, reconciling time to time and forecasting the requirements for coming fiscal year.
- Working and finalizing various reports for the review of management.
- Manage HR portal and keep the content up to date including the HR website.
- Assist and work for the resolution of employees’ grievances received within HR based in the light of rules and government laws.
- Keep all the HR forms/SOPs organized and implement changes as and when required.
- Working on reports for external bodies including HEC. Coordinating with internal/external stakeholders to workout the statistics for international and national university rankings as per the requirements.
- Managing employees’ probations. Coordinating with employee supervisors / HODs for the decision on confirmation, extension in probationary period.
- Manage log and issue HR related letters including employment confirmation, probation extensions, experience, employment, NOCs and all others as per employees’ requirements.
- Processing the payments of student interns by compiling their attendance and number of hours worked.
- Maintaining information of the exit interviews for bi annual analysis and highlighting the major areas of improvement for further planning.
- Responsible for completing employment verification requests received from external bodies for current and ex-employees of LUMS.
- Reviewing the policies and implementing the changes as and when required. Formation and drafting of new policies as per standard rules of LUMS and government laws and finalizing content for the approval of management.
- Working on academic matters to smooth out the processes, involvement in faculty hiring/contract processing and management of faculty lines.
- Managing organizational charts across the LUMS and creating/updating departmental structures time to time.
- Manage facilities provided to employees such as auto finance, official mobile numbers, etc.
- Managing employees’ objectives/goals after employee’s joining and throughout the year, adding in system so these are readily available as and when required.
- Assisting in the audit of research staff hired on the external projects.
- Assisting in managing new projects under monitoring and evaluation team.
- Assisting in performance appraisals and promotion activity, compiling employees’ profile for the review of committee members and preparing data as per the requirements.
- Performing tasks of other team members (if needed) as a backup support and other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts or requirements associated with the job. The department reserves the right to alter/revise the job or to require that different/additional tasks be performed as assigned.
Work Schedule: Standard LUMS timings. Business hours can extend into the evenings and weekend to accommodate the needs of current workload and special projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and Urdu languages.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude and encouragement to accept new tasks/challenges.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio).
- Sound knowledge of ERP, HR systems and operations.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”