- Establish & maintain cooperative relations with representatives in organizations from Health Care, Technology, Government, Development sectors.
- Identify opportunities with relevant organizations and make strategies to capitalize for the benefit of the students.
- Reach out to organizations nationwide, onboard new companies and set up meetings to strengthen relations with the industry.
- Hunting new avenues to collaborate and create channels of engagement with placement office and the business school.
- Maintaining organization/company database in the assigned sectors to be used for placements, internships, sharing promotion material, carrying out surveys etc.
- Plan and execute student activities in line with the professional development plan.
- To keep a close liaison with students and the Program Directors to understand and address their needs and provide assistance whenever required.
- Establish a network of relevant alumni in the industry and set up meeting of students for mock interviews and professional guidance sessions.
- Provide counseling and share knowledge with students applying for jobs and to fulfill their career ambitions.
- Respond to student queries and provide guidance to them in resume writing/interview preparation.
- Provide support and make arrangements for the on-campus company visits, accompanying the guests from respective organizations during on-campus tours.
- Make arrangements and ensure smooth execution of panel sessions (Alumni and HR) and Networking Nights for the assigned sectors.
- Ideal candidate should have the ability to explore and take initiatives with minimum guidelines.
- Knowledge about operations and networking within Health Care, Technology, Government and Development sectors will be an advantage.
Work Schedule/Work Environment/Travel:
Business hours often extend into the evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of current workload and event schedules. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.). Travel may be required.
Note: Please mention "Senior Officer - SDSB Placement Office" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient computer skills – particularly strong with Microsoft Office Applications
- (excel test required)
- Good Team player
- Statistical Analysis
- Task oriented with particular focus on the end result
- Amiable personality
- Professional conduct with both corporate clients and students is inevitable but with civility at all levels
- Strong administration is a must. A pleasant disposition is required but with firmness of purpose and strict discipline so as to deter any unprofessionalism from any employer or student.
Well versed with the LUMS academic structure, well informed about the local and international job markets.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”