A newly established VR/AR lab at the Depertment of Computer Science is looking for a Senior Unity Game Developer to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience with building VR games on Unity.
Primary responsibilities will be to implement game functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into functional and engaging experiences. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
- Rapidly prototype different ideas & mechanics into engaging gameplay experiences;
- Implement game mechanics, UI, animation, graphic effects while also solving fun, innovative, and creative gameplay challenges;
- Communicate with team members to establish an effective pipeline and integrate media assets;
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code;
- Closely work with product managers to iterate on game economy, monetization strategy, etc.;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems;
- 3-4 years of experience in the industry developing games in Unity, with BS degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent, OR 2 years of experience in the industry with MS degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent;
- Experience of development in VR (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift etc.);
- AR development experience will be a plus point;
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, UI/UX, 3D objects, and animation;
- Very strong problem-solving skills with a strong knowledge of data structures and basic algorithms;
- Experience with game physics and particle systems;
- Basic knowledge of mobile game development;
- Strong knowledge of C# and a deep understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Familiarity with current design and architectural patterns;
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code;
If you fullfill the requirements above, please share an updated copy of your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to mention “Application for Senior Unity Game Developer” in your email’s subject for your application to be considered.
Note: This will be a contractual position. The contract shall be renewed based on performance, with mutual consent.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”