Maintain constant surveillance on pool users in the facility and act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of users in the event of an emergency. In case of an emergency situation, this person will provide emergency care and support as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Maintain constant surveillance of the users in the facility; act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of users in the event of an emergency.
- Display professional appearance and attitude at all times on duty and maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Maintenance support coordination as directed to ensure a clean and safe facility.
- Prepare and maintain activity reports.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
Report to duty on the below days and timing. As a student, you cannot work for more than 20 hours per week.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Students will have the opportunity to acquire training of lifeguard from the trained instructors of Sports, Wellness and Recreation.
Note: Please ensure that you mention 'Student Interns for Aquatic Centre' in the subject line of your application to be considered. This is a paid internship and successful applicants will recieve Rs. 600 per hour for actual hours put in.
- Excellent swimmer with the ability to swim a distance using front crawl (freestyle) or breaststroke without resting: 100 yards.
- Feet-first surface dive, retrieve a 10-lb. brick, and bring it to the surface.
- Tread water without using arms for 1 minute.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skillful in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures is a plus.
Note: “We are an equal opportunity employer”