National Incubation Centre (NIC) at LUMS is looking to hire a technical resource with strong understanding of full stack web and mobile application development and the ability to convert design ideas into running web applications.
There are three key responsibilities
1. Development of NIC(s) website
• Research and implement new trends of modern web applications
• Build and maintain NIC website(s) in a manner that complements our brand as the industry leader
• To write W3C compliant XHTML and CSS.
• To modify existing jQuery libraries and write new code using jQuery.
• To perform administrative, configuration and coding tasks.
2. Development of NIC’s indigenous solution
• Creation of NIC’s indigenous solution to manage routing of startup applications, selection, progress, KPIs, database management, data analytics and high-end web development.
• To design and develop Web based applications using PHP/ORACLE and occasionally PHP/MySQL.
• To design and create the database structure and queries for web applications.
• Follow complete software development life cycle (Planning, Requirements, Design, Build, Document, Test, Deploy, and Maintain).
• Adopt proper MVC framework.
• To read and write software specification documents.
• To develop and execute test plans.
3. Facilitation to start-ups
• Assist during the scouting and selection stage in identifying start up teams that have high value technical vision and a reasonable understanding of how to develop the platform.
• Evaluate the technical development requirements of any startup and match it to the skill set of the founders.
• Facilitate the startups in understanding what their technical requirements are and where needed identify freelance developers.
• Facilitate startup ups in developing RFPs and technical development documentation required to create the platforms they need.
• Facilitate startups in understanding requirements of app stores and how to optimize their presence through these stores.
• Audit beta versions of products developed and guide start-ups on iterations to bring their technical platforms to MVP stage.
• Work proactively and without excessive support or supervision
Work Schedule & Travel
Business hours may extend into the evenings and weekends depending on workload. Travel may be required depending on departmental needs. Flexibility & commitment is necessary.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities associated with the job. The supervisor/director may assign additional tasks as deemed necessary.
• Independent thinker with ability to devise solutions
• Effective verbal, presentation and communications skills
• Excellent written communication
• Decision making abilities
• Time management
• Integrity, accountability and initiative
• Team player
• MVC Frameworks
• Web Application Security
• Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements
• Clear understanding and be able to work with HTML5, SASS and LESS, Bootstrap
• Knowledge of Adobe XD, Illustrator or Sketch (would be a plus)
• Hands-On experience with CSS3 Transitions, Web Animations & Responsive Design
• Experience working with GSAP, WebGL or ThreeJS would be a plus
Note: Please mention "Technical Manager" in the email subject for your application to be considered.
Note: “We are an equal employment opportunity employer”