We have a vacancy for 1 year at the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, LUMS. Our research group is seeking a highly experienced Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist. The candidate will provide project-specific support through GIS analysis, web development, processing GIS data, and digitizing.
- Preferably, a MS or BS degree in GIS, geoscience, or computer science discipline.
- 1–2 years of experience using geospatial software (QGIS, ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap) is required.Documented experience, including publications is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of both raster and vector data sources, including multispectral imagery and LiDAR.
- Ability to perform spatial analysis such as overlaying multiple layers of data, spatial statistics, and spatial interpolation.
- Familiarity with common geospatial data formats such as Shapefile, GeoJSON, and KML.
- Foundational knowledge of at least one scripting language (Arcade, Python, Java, C++).
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- State-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and resources.
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues.
- Competitive salary.
- Salary increases and incentives are possible and performance-based.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please apply for the position by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st July 2023.