Project Name: Impact of Floods on Agriculture Supply Chains
The recent floods have caused massive losses to the agricultural output of Pakistan. Using high-frequency prices data, detailed information on arrival sources into various wholesale markets of Punjab, and satellite imagery data, the project aims to understand areas and crops most affected by floods to improve preparedness in case of future disasters.
The ideal candidate for this job should have the following:
• Proficiency in using Stata, R, or Python
• Working knowledge of GIS preferred
• Good analytical and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage various tasks effectively and coordinate between project members.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data management of large datasets.
• Comfortable communicating with key stakeholders in the public and private sectors
• Prior work experience in related field will be preferred but is not mandatory.
Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Economics, Public Policy, or a related discipline.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a short technical test.
Duration: 12 months (can be extended upon mutual agreement)
Position Type: Full-time – contract based.
Reporting to: Sher Afghan Asad (Lahore University of Management Sciences), Omar Gondal (Washington University in St. Louis), Farah Said (Lahore University of Management Sciences)
Interested applicants are required to fill in the following form: